Convention News & Report
“Matsuri WITH THE KYUSHU”, The Celebration Event of Inscription on UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List!
Celebration Event of Inscription on UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List “Matsuri WITH THE KYUSHU” Saturday, May 13th – Sunday, May 14th, 2017
Celebration of inscription on UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List! Inscribed five festivals of Kyushu will be gathered!
The five festivals of Kyushu have been handed down carefully from generation to generation. They were inscribed on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage November 2016 list, along with 28 elements of the government-designated significant intangible folk cultural asset across the nation.
In celebration of inscription on UNESCO heritage lists, the five festivals of Kyushu: “Hakata Gion Yamagasa Gyoji”, “Tobata Gion Oyamagasa Gyoji”, “Karatsu Kunchi-no Hikiyama Gyoji”, “Hita Gion-no Hikiyama Gyoji”, and “Yatsushiro Myokensai-no Shinko Gyoji” will gather in Fukuoka for the first time in a long history of the festival and give a “Special Float Parade”.
PR events where you can fully enjoy the allure of Kyushu and Okinawa will be held at the same time under the theme of “WITH THE KYUSHU”.
~ Festivals of Kyushu “Special Float Parade of Yama, Hoko, Yatai” ~
The five festivals represent Kyushu that were inscribed on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List will get together here in Fukuoka! The floats will parade around in the surrounding area of Fukuoka City Hall!
■Period of Parade
– Saturday, May 13th, 2017: 6 PM – 8 PM / Sunday, May 14th, 2017: 1 PM – 2:50 PM
* The parade will be held even in light rain.
■Contents of Parade
– Special parade held on the street around Fukuoka City Hall (for 2 days)
– Displaying floats of Yama, Hoko, Yatai (the whole time of the event period)
* In case of rain, there’ll be alteration of the contents.
– Hakata Gion Yamagasa Gyoji Kaki Yamakasa
– Tobata Gion Oyamagasa Gyoji Nobori Oyamagasa (daytime), Chochin Oyamagasa (nighttime)
– Karatsu Kunchi-no Hikiyama Gyoji Shuten-Doji and Minamoto Yorimitus no Kabuto
– Hita Gion-no Hikiyama Gyoji Heiseiyama
– Yatsushiro Myokensai-no Shinko Gyoji Kasahoko “Kikujido”, Kasahoko “Mikan”, Kida
~ Tourism PR Events of Kyushu and Okinawa “WITH THE KYUSHU” ~
Fully enjoyable events of attractive Kyushu will be held under the theme of “WITH THE KYUSHU”.
– Lots of booths where you can fully enjoy tourism, products and food from around Kyushu will be set up.
There will be full of enjoyable contents for both kids and adults.
◆ Tourism/ Product Booths
~ “Sights to be Seen” and “Specialties” in Kyushu Will Be All Lined Up ~
– Fukuoka pref., Saga pref., Kumamoto pref., Oita pref., Miyazaki pref., Kagoshima pref., Okinawa pref.
◆ Food/Drink Booths
~ “Food” Represents Kyushu Will Get Together ~
– Hakata Gyoza (Fukuoka pref.)
– Tobata Yaki-Chanpon (Fukuoka pref.)
– Hita Yaki-Soba (Oita pref.)
– Kumamon Manjyu, Aka-ushi Yaki (Kumamoto pref.)
– Niku-maki Onigiri (Miyazaki pref.), and others
◆ On-Stage Event
~ Stage show for everyone to enjoy~
– Kumamon and Kikuchi-kun are on stage (collaboration with Kumamoto Pref.)
– Dance Competition, Tourism Promotion and Traditional Performing Arts from Each City in Kyushu, and Others
<< INFORMATION >>
- Saturday, May 13th, 2017: 10AM – 9 PM (Special Parade: 6 PM – 8 PM)
- Sunday, May 14th, 2017: 10 AM – 6 PM) (Special Parade: 1 PM – 2:50 PM)
* Special Parade of Yama, Hoko, Yatai: on the street around Fukuoka City Hall
* Kyushu Tourism PR Event: Fureai Hiroba in the west side of Fukuoka City Hall
- About 5 Minute Walk from Fukuoka (Tenjin) Station of Nishitetsu Train
- About 1 Minute Walk from the East Exit of Tenjin Station (Subway Kuko Line)
- About 1 Minute Walk from Exit 5 of Tenjin Minami Station (Subway Nanakuma Line)
- About 1 Minute Walk from “Shiyakusho Kitaguchi” Stop of Nishitetsu Bus
◆Fares Admission Free