Voices of Organizers & Participants
|Voices of Organizers :||Here are some of the comments by organizers who held a congress in Fukuoka.|
|Voices of Participants :||At Fukuoka International Congress Center, we try to receive questionnaires from participants in order to improve our quality of service and facility. Here are some of the comments by congress participants at international congresses (congress size: 2,500 people).|
This was our first time to have the "International Political Science Association World Congress" in Japan, and therefore it was our common belief to have the congress in Tokyo. However, we began to seriously consider Fukuoka for the accessibility from the airport, the city's compactness, the hospitality you can not see in big cities, and the reasonable prices of hotels compared with Tokyo. But above all, the dedicated promotion of the Fukuoka city, including the mayor was the decisive factor.
When I presented Fukuoka as a host city, most of the members of the executive committee did not know Fukuoka. However, most of the members had a favorable impression of the city after the congress.
At IPSA, 350 citizen volunteers helped operate the congress and 3,000 citizens participated in the open lecture. It became a world congress where the association and city residents worked together. After IPSA, we received many comments from the members of the executive committee of the head office saying, "This is the most successful IPSA in history, and this case of success can not be attained even in the future". This success was carried on the media both in local and domestic newspapers. Thankfully, this was for having the congress in Fukuoka.
- The infrastructure required to hold an international congress is organized. The Congress Center and the exhibition hall are adjacent to each other, and there are enough accommodation facilities to room all the participants.
- Transportation access is convenient to many countries.
- The appeal of Fukuoka as a local city.
- Many participants from overseas highly rewarded the city as a "beautiful city".
- Sightseeing spots all around Kyushu is as a good as Kyoto.
- The dedicated effort and support by the staff of the convention center and convention bureau was very appreciative.
- There are various sight seeing sites not just in the city, but also areas around the city, such as Nagasaki, Aso, Arita, Dazaifu Tenmangu Shrine, and Kyushu National Museum. There are many local foods of Fukuoka, and the prices are reasonable.
- The convention facilities including Fukuoka International Congress Center are well organized. The surrounding environments of the facilities are also well maintained. This was highly praised by participants from overseas.